Monday, October 25, 2010

Our 1st Annual Halloween Costume Party

Last weekend we threw our 1st annual costume party for adults. It turned out to be a huge success and I owe a lot of that to my awesome friend Mandy Pinneo, who is the queen of Halloween and coached me (through emails since she lives in California) on how to throw an awesome costume party. So thank you Mandy and thank you to everyone who came and made it so much fun!! Here are some pictures of the great costumes. We made it a contest so I saved the winners for the end!

Taber and I hosted the party as a pirate and his booty

104_0451

Gangsters, Scooby doo,
Mike and Boo's Door from Monster's Inc., (excellent use of Mel's pregnant belly) and more pirates.

Oct 22, 2010

Facebook page, Joseph Smith and Emma,
Loofa sponge and Angel Moroni, Little Red riding hood and the wolf (after the attack)

Oct 22, 2010_2

Paul Bunyan and Babe, Fairy and Dilbert,
Legend of Zelda, and witch couple.

Oct 22, 20101

Skunks, Stairway to heaven and highway to hell,
Trinity and Neo from the Matrix, Magician and Rabbit in the hat.

Oct 22, 20102

The elders (as themselves) Marcie's 9 month prego belly trying to "jailbreak" and the warden, Flower and bee, psycho surgeon and "costumetic surgery" gone bad.

Oct 22, 2010_21

And now for the winners! The 3rd place prize went to Brandon and Laura with their awesome cotton candy and popcorn costumes.

104_0468

2nd place went to Kendall and Kenta Hood, who played on their names and her very pregnant condition to be MotherHOOD Barbie (pregnant and barefoot edition) and her Ken-ta doll : )

104_0475
And the grand prize went to Jenn and Casey with their amazing Grinch and Cindy Lou Hoo costumes. She seriously looks like she just walked off the Grinch movie set!! Perfection!

104_0465

It was an awesome night and I was so happy to see how everyone really got dressed up. We ate lots of good food and played some great games (which can be seen in the post below) It was just a lot of fun and we can't wait to do it again next year!

10 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

Holy Cow! You guys all got SO decked out. Very creative. I especially loved the booty idea...you are SO cute Bec!

The Peters Family said...

WOW! All of those costumes were very impressive!!!
So clever!

Sarah said...

Awesome costumes. People are so creative. I liked the loofa idea

Bates Blogger said...

Truly epic.

Anonymous said...

You sure know how to throw a party!! Looks like a lot of fun!! I LOVE the costumes.

becca said...

What a blast! Thank you again Becca and Taber for so much fun all wrapped up in one night! :)))

lisapenn said...

What crazy awesome costumes!! How creative are some people? You make me want to throw a Holloween bash!

Cameron and Wendy said...

I love all the costumes! Everyone went all out...I may have to copy some of these ideas for future years!

Nicole said...

I'm sooo glad your party was a success!! What fun! I love the clever costume ideas... I feel like after so many years we're running out of ideas over here...but those were mostly ones I hadn't seen before! Clever people! Congrats on your first annual Halloween Party! Great job!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for a wicked fun party!