Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Posters, Play Practice, and a Preview of Summer!

Greetings from Riggville! 
My sweet friend Laura B informed me that it's been over a week since I last blogged and told me get on top of it! haha! So Laura, this is for you : )

POSTERS


One of the reasons I haven't blogged is because I've been working on making these cast posters for the play. It was a much bigger project than I imagined, collecting testiomnies from the cast, editing testimonies to fit on the poster, formatting each picture and text box to be spatially aligned, etc... Took me forever but I think they came out really nice.


 Here is poster number 2. I put them up in the church on Sunday and every time I passed them there was a crowd huddled around reading them. It made me happy to see people getting excited about the play!

PLAY PRACTICE 
And speaking of the play, only 1 more week till we perform!! Here are some shots from our last rehearsal.

Scene where Angel Gabriel tells Mary she is going to be the mother of the Savior

Mary visiting her cousin Elizabeth (mother of John the Baptist)

 Taber looking ever so angelic : )
 (everyone in the cast sings in the choir of angels at some point so we all have angel robes)

  I'm also in charge of doing spotlights for the cast members to help everyone get to know each other better and I love this picture of me spotlighting Shannon because I think it captures how much fun we are having!

PREVIEW OF SUMMER

 In other news, we were treated to a little heat wave last week that gave us a tantalizing preview of summer. Temps were up in the 80's and as soon as Teya got home from school she was in her swimsuit jumping on the trampoline with sprinklers.

 Cam loved being on the trampoline too and was just giggling his little head off.

Cutie Brinsie with her Cougar shirt enjoying wearing shorts and sandals to preschool.

 The kids also discovered the sand pile left over from last year when we dumped out our sandbox and spent an afternoon digging and playing in the sand.

 Well the girls were digging and playing, Cam was mostly just eating.

 He just kept shoveling it in, must've been tasty; )

 Who needs a sandbox? Sandpiles are just as fun!

The temps have dropped back down into the 40's and 50's this week but it was fun to pretend it was summer while it lasted  ;)

So that is the latest from the Riggs! Hope everyone is doing good in blogland, I promise I'll be back again soon : )

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Great job on the posters Bec. I love everyones testimony's and it's just killing me that I don't get to see you in the play :( I can't believe it was so warm there. The kids look like they are loving it and Cam has killer awesome eyelashes. They're so long! Good luck to you and Taber next week. We'll be thinking about you guys.

Petit Design Co. said...

aww those posters look like yearbooks! heck your picture could pass for a high school beauty!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, I just want to squish your little ones! (in a good way!) They are to. die. for.

Cameron and Wendy said...

The posters look great, and I love the candid shots of the play! Beautiful! Hasn't this spring been CUH-RAZY??? Your kids are adorable...Teya in the swimsuit on the tramp, Brinley looking older than ever (NOOOO) and cute little Cam eating sand! Ha ha! The Rigg kids know how to do it up! Good luck with the play! You guys will do great!

Laura Barker said...

Now this is what I'm talking about :) thanks for posting. I so love reading your blog. You are a talented writer and it's so fun to keep caught up in your life. Savior of the world sounds great. Im sure it's ging to be absolutely amazing! And you are beyond involved in every aspect of it.

The Peters Family said...

So fun to get caught up. I know the play will be amazing...so awesome you get to be a part of it. Great job on those posters (uh, no wonder you don't have time to blog!).
Your kids are getting so big so fast too. Love the pictures.

Joanne said...

Well, I would say you deserve at least a month break from blogging after running a marathon, except I don't think I could go that long without hearing from you, so I'm happy you posted. The posters you made for Savior of the World are awesome - I can't believe how much work and time must go into all of that. And you're in charge of spotlights, too! I would say they are giving you too much to do, but really, you are the best person for the job, so they probably couldn't help it. I loved all the pictures of you in Mary costume - it seriously gives me goosebumps. I so wish I could see it. And I can't believe the heat wave you guys had! Cam eating sand is awesome. Seeing him outside like that hanging out with the girls made me realize how big and old he's getting. Also, can we switch backyards? I am feeling like I really want a trampoline and nice grass and a sand pile instead of our field of weeds.

Tara said...

The posters look super professional, way to go! And the shots from rehearsal look so good, I know you will be awesome! Good luck!!
Love the sneak peak of summer, I can't wait til every day starts to be like that soon!

Liz Uda Mucci said...

Man Bec I totally wish I could be there to see the performance.... totally awesome... tony called you and taber little church celebrities ha ha... and BTW... Cam is such a doll... I love him!

Jennie said...

Good luck on your performance! I'm sure it will be amazing :) Glad you guys had a little taste of summer. Love the cute pics of the kiddos!