Monday, April 5, 2010

New York City!!

We're back from New York and the weekend was so much fun! New York is a crazy crazy place, not sure if I could ever live there but it sure was fun to visit!

We got into Queens (where the race was) around 4 pm on Friday and after checking into our hotel we hurried to find a cab to take us into the city. We knew we only had a few hours before the kids expired and we wanted to take advantage of it.

We headed straight to Central Park and WOW! What a cool place! It's the perfect little oasis in the middle of the crazy city. There were still tons of people there but it just felt much calmer than the fast paced hustle and bustle of the streets.

The girls collected rocks, chased squirrels, ran around and got some energy out of their systems after the 5 hour drive down from NH. The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed being outside together as a family.

There's an ice rink in the middle of the park and Brinley got a kick out of watching the zamboni smooth out the ice.
The girls got hungry so we grabbed some hot dogs and popcorn. Teya begged us to let her eat her hot dog with the popcorn on top. She was so set on doing it that way and finally I just thought, "well, it all goes to the same place in the end." Guess she started a new trend: Pop-dogs!
After we fed the kids we walked down to Times Square. Teya's eyes were bugging out over all the tall buildings. I just couldn't believe how many people were on the streets! We went into a big Toy R Us store and got some things for the girls, then we went back out to take in the sights and sounds of Times Square.

The whole fam in the center of all the insanity!

Around 8 o'clock the girls were fading fast so we caught a cab and took one of the scariest rides of my life back to the hotel! Seriously, I think cab drivers have their own rules on what is or isn't legal to do while driving. I'm just glad we made it back safely!

Teya conked out in the cab and was so passed out that I got her to go potty, change into her pajamas, and drink some milk without ever opening her eyes or fully gaining consciousness. I love this picture because she looks like a rockstar who partied a little too hard and then passed out on the hotel bed : )

Obviously we didn't even scratch the surface as far as all the things you can do in New York, but I was so glad that we got to see the city and experience some of those sights with the kids.

7 comments:

Cameron and Wendy said...

What a fun, quick little trip! The pictures of the girls at the park are so cute, and the one of Teya at the end...priceless! I would love to go to New York for a couple of days...totally jealous! Can't wat to hear how the race went!

lisapenn said...

I love that picture of Teya! That is priceless. How fun. I have never been to NYC, but it certainly looks fun, (and scary!)

Ioane said...

Oh it looks like you guys had such a wonderful time in New York. I love the pic of Teya passed out. How were the street hot dogs? I've always wanted to try one from there. You guys were brave to take the taxi there. Glad you got to take the family and enjoy the weekend for your big race. Love ya

Naomi Hanks said...

Love the pics! Kevin will be so jealous when he sees this post!

Kristen said...

From one short girl to another, did you get a little claustrophobic surrounded by all those buildings? I know I did when I went there...reminds me of being at Disneyland surrounded by tall people and not being able to see where I was going. My heart is palpating just thinking about it!

Nicole said...

Great family pics! I love NY!!

Pae and Guy said...

Outside of having the Yankees...New York is an awesome place...GO SOX!!