Saturday, June 6, 2009

A great way to start the weekend

Summer in Minnesota is a big deal. I mean you figure it's cold 8-9 months of the year here so when it warms up for bit people aren't going to take that for granted. I guess that's why at General Mills they give their employees half days on Fridays during the summer so they can enjoy the warm weather while it's here. Half day Friday's started a couple weeks ago and we are loving the little head start on our weekends!

Yesterday we took advantage by getting together with another couple from church who also works for General Mills and going on a double date with them to the St. Paul Temple. It was great being able to get down their by 3:30 and being done early enough to go out to dinner and still be able to pick up our kids in time to get them to bed.

We really enjoyed the temple and eating such good food in such good company. As we drove home I told Taber, "that was a great way to start the weekend!"

Random side note: Two different people at the temple asked if Taber and Patrick were brothers. Teya has also mistaken Patrick from behind for her daddy. I think if we got Taber some sweet glasses like Patrick's they could totally pull the brother thing off!

6 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

Lucky! Kevin is going to be SO jealous!

Tara said...

That looks awesome, nice job getting to the temple! Those two can totally pass for brothers, that's so funny people kept asking.

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh! That's Maria Viramontes (now Tedjam something :)). She's my old roommate from BYU! How random! btw - I found your blog on Becca's :) - hugs Aubrey Janzen Lee :) aubreyandbryce.blogspot.com

Liz Uda said...

cool cool sis. you look so hot BTW,. And Taber looks like he's shrinking by the minute... tell him to go crazy and eat whatever the heck he wants since he runs a lot. lol Anyways.... "reply" to your blog comment... yes we are both total cali girls. Funny thing is I am in your area. I live like 20 minutes away from moorpark, and I workout in simi valley so it's crazy, that if you still lived here I would be a hop skip and a jump away from you. miss you love...

Joanne said...

I am so jealous of the whole "half-day Friday" thing! But I guess I don't have to deal with the cold weather, and I don't know if that would be worth it. What a neat date, though - I love the temple picture. You look gorgeous as usual.

Jodi said...

I really think Dave's company needs to start going to half day fridays too! I would bring it up but I know what the answer would be.

How fun for you guys all summer!